10 Steps to Secure a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement
March 27, 2019
A step-by-step guide for corporate renewable energy buyers
Virtual power purchase agreements (VPPAs) can be a cost-effective way for corporations to meet their renewable energy goals, but they’re complex: the process involves intense data analysis, risk assessment and (often) months of negotiations. The decisions made during the procurement process can have major financial consequences, both positive and negative, for decades.
At the same time, few energy managers have experience securing a VPPA for their company. This guide is designed to help those managers navigate the process and make informed decisions every step of the way.
This free in-depth guide includes:
- How to determine your renewable energy needs and goals
- Questions to ask a potential energy advisor
- How to prepare internal accounting, legal, treasury and finance stakeholders
- Aggregation models and other options for VPPAs
- What to look for in a renewable energy project
- Risks involved in VPPAs and how to mitigate them
- Key terms to know (jargon defined)
And much more! Download the guide today to start your journey: