Podcast: LevelTen Joins Aurora Energy Research to Discuss European Market, Future of PPAs
February 04, 2021
In this week’s episode of Aurora Energy Research’s “Energy Unplugged” podcast, LevelTen Energy’s COO Jason Tundermann and VP of Europe Flemming Sørensen joined host Oliver Kerr for a deep dive into the world of power purchase agreements (PPAs). The conversation explored the role of PPAs in decarbonizing our electric grid, what it was like to expand LevelTen’s operations into Europe on the cusp of a global pandemic, and the role the LevelTen platform will play in overcoming challenges to renewable energy development that are critical to accelerate the clean energy transition. Listen to the podcast here!
Further topics of discussion include:
- The role of PPAs in the broader energy transition
- Which factors — such as aggregated PPA deals — can accelerate PPA procurement even more in coming years
- What’s driving demand for PPAs in Europe
- How the COVID-19 pandemic impacted renewable energy development and procurement less than originally anticipated
- How price standardization and transparency in the LevelTen Marketplace allows for easy comparison between deals and dramatically accelerates procurement
- And much more!
Our collaborations with Aurora are only just beginning: On February 16th, LevelTen Energy will join Aurora once again to discuss the current state of European corporate PPAs and the latest price trends across the region, as well as the factors we expect to shape the next decade of corporate renewable procurement in Europe.
To learn more and register for the webinar, click here.